Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Morning

If you thought the pics in the last post were blurry, prepare to be amazed. It's my own fault for not using the live view. Anyway.... Here are the photos that capture Christmas morning. It was fun and magical as it should be. One of the few benefits of having children. This year was especially fun because it was the first year Raegan really "got it". She loved everything Christmas and knew all the songs and whether or not they were "church" Christmas songs or not. She watched all the Christmas movies repeatedly, especially the Nutcracker, which I've already mentioned. Anyway.... she was very excited for Santa. But I was happy because she only asked santa for "presents" and didn't get more specific than that. Good thing. She also loved opening presents and wanted to help everyone open their presents. She got just as excited for everyone else's presents as she did for her own. There was much jumping up and down. Weston was just along for the gravy train. 

Holiday pictures are always the best because of the "just woke up" look. Not sure how she even saw her presents. Here she is helping Weston to open his presents.

Confession: I actually returned some of the things I bought them after I had given them. I wanted their stockings to be full and for them to have lots of new exciting things to look at. But after everything was all over I took some of the stupider toys (see tambourine above) and "moved them". When the kids didn't notice they were gone, I decided to return them. Don't judge!!! We have way too much crap as it is! And it wasn't anything exciting.

Here I am piecing together my present from Michael. He printed a picture of the hotel he was taking me to and cut the pieces into a puzzle (very intricate pieces I might add, which were rolled up and wouldn't lay flat) and put those pieces in balloons and blew the balloons up and scattered them across the room. I had to pop all the balloons and put together this puzzle. This is not the first Christmas he has used this tactic on me. He is a man of mystery and wrapping presents is just not good enough. :)

Weston got this truck from Nonnie. He LOVES it. So does Raegan. It's still an inside toy.

Santa got him this popping toy thing. (Not sure what it's called) And don't think I didn't contemplate returning this monster! But I think they would have noticed. Plus he likes it, so what can I do?

Happy boy

Happy girl

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment