Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baking Exploits

After four years of marriage I have finally grown brave enough to try to cook something that contains yeast. The results have been varied, but edible. The cinnamon rolls were actually really delicious. The bread is still in need of some practice. It was good, but I need to work on it a little more.

Side note: I am really mad I bought a Kitchen-Aid when we got married. I wish I would have bought a Bosch. The Kitchen-Aid just doesn't hold enough... it just doesn't do the trick. Next time I make bread I'm gonna have to half the recipe and only make two loaves, just so it fits in the machine. But who wants to go to all the trouble of making bread just to get two loaves? Not me! 

Pre-baked

 I almost forgot a picture, so they're half gone. The recipe has you coat the bottom of the pan in butter and sugar so when they're cooked it's like there's toffee or something on the bottom. Amazing!


2 comments:

  1. You're amazing! These all look delicious. Yum! Would you believe that I rarely bake bread anymore? Yeah. I got married and moved to the midwest, and suddenly all my bread started turning out like rocks. So I quit. I'm trying to start up again, but I also struggle with whole wheat bread (it looks like your loaves are whole wheat) and fitting four loaves worth of batter in my mini-Bosch. (I'm gonna run that thing to death!) Anyway, you rock. ;)

    ReplyDelete