Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Halloween and such

Weston cannot resist a good pile of dirt. He also cannot resist anything orderly that could have potential to be strewn about. He embodies chaos. My life for the last 16 months is best described by that word. I do love the little tornado though. Here he is playing in the backyard in a good pile of dirt he discovered. The only thing he wished for at that moment was some water to mix in. 

Raegan was never one to be left behind, so she likes to help in his overall dirtiness.


Add in some blond hair and a club, and I just knew he had to be Bam Bam for Halloween. This of course meant Raegan HAD to be pebbles. She was not happy about it and told me repeatedly that she wanted to be an elephant. Too bad. Maybe she can pick next year. Maybe. But she did enjoy having red hair. And she said to me "people like when I'm Pebbles". She got lots of attention as pebbles, so she didn't fight me too much. But she always let me know her real hearts desire was an elephant.

Carolyn helped me with their costumes quite a bit. Like all the sewing. But I did the measuring, cutting, pinning and gluing. So I was pretty proud of myself. I just can't figure out a bobbin!

Below are pictures of Carolyn's annual Halloween party. The kids absolutely love it ever year. It's like a mini carnival in her backyard. Here you see Weston excelling at the donut on the string game. Except he cheats and uses his hands. He pulled down like four of those suckers and ate about half of each one.

Here is Tracy with her adorable fly. Mack was a Venus flytrap. You've never seen such creativity, I'm sure. His costume was my favorite of Halloween this year.
 Raegan got tons of treats playing all the fun games, including the fish pond, which was her favorite.

Not this fish pond. This is the duck pond. She liked this one too.

The cake walk was another hit.

Pure bliss and excitement. If only she had been allowed to eat any of it.


There was also digging for pirate treasure.


If you got a Halloween care from us, you are familiar with this picture.

This was my second runner up. This one was better. Why did I choose the other one? Not sure. But it was a great Halloween all around. Raegan loved trick or treating. Love these kids. I was probably more excited about their costumes than they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment