Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year

I love resolutions. I make three every year. Usually I'm pretty good at keeping them. Last year, unfortunately I was 0 for 3. I wanted to stop picking my cuticles (I improved here, but not completely), go to the temple 6 times (I only made it 5) and to be able to do 10 boy push ups (I still can't even do one, but I definitely worked hard at it, which is the point of the whole thing).  So it wasn't a total loss even though I didn't technically accomplish any of them.

So my new resolutions are as follows (a goal that is not written down isn't really a goal now is it?):

1- Keep my bedroom floor picked up (I am a very messy person, but so far this year it has remained spic and span.)
2- Be at a certain weight by year end. (I won't specify the exact weight because I am a rather huge person, but I am actually pretty close to getting there. The point is to keep the weight off all year.)
3- Be nice. More specifically I have a goal to not talk badly about anyone. Only positive things to say, no matter who I am talking about or who I am talking to. (This one is going to be difficult and I'm sure I won't be perfect at it, but I want to be better.)

Good luck to all of you with all of your goals! Michael doesn't believe in New Year's resolutions. He thinks you should just always be working to be better. Yes, that's true, but I find resolutions help me be more specific. I think about them all year.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say you are hilarious, you always make me laugh. Those are good resolutions. I only made one this year because I can't do more that.

    ReplyDelete