Thursday, March 15, 2012

Painting

Michael made this toy box a while ago for Raegan's abundant collection of toys. It is way cuter than what I had been using (a giant tupperware) and it's bigger. He mentioned that he thought it looked like a baby coffin and now that's what I see each time I look at it. How pleasant. But I do feel so lucky to have such a skilled craftsman for a husband. 

You can't really tell in the picture (she would NOT cooperate) but she is wearing a pair of my knee high socks. She pulled them all the way up to her underwear and it was cute.

I got the idea from pinterest to let Raegan paint on a cookie sheet and then transfer the picture to a paper. She loves painting and thought it was super fun. It took a lot of supervision though, so we haven't done it since, even though she keeps asking to.

She likes making "turkeys". At Thanksgiving she made turkey handprints on oven mitts and aprons. Now she thinks she always has to make turkeys (handprints) out of everything. This made for even messier painting than you might expect.

2 comments:

  1. haha you made me laugh with the toy box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you crafty family! I love the toy coffin. Gideon loves to paint, too. I let him do it, like, three times a year. Just like Raegan, he then begs to do it more. But I'm super mean and take all his toys away when he asks.

    ReplyDelete