Monday, March 5, 2012

Run for Ryan House

This was my first half marathon, but hopefully not my last. It was really fun and I am so happy I did it. My time wasn't great.... it wasn't even good.... but I finished! My time was 2:31:58 to be exact. My goal was to be under 2:30, so I failed. But the hills made it harder so I give myself some credit. Next time I will be better. The weather was perfect, the views were amazing, the desert was gorgeous. If you've never done a race, you should seriously try it. It is completely different from just running by yourself. It is so fun and exhilarating. 

Here I am crossing the finish line in supreme style. (Not at all)

Here is Raegan braving the wind and being super excited for her mommy.

 The best part of the race was seeing Michael and Raegan waiting for me to cross the finish line. Michael had made shirts for them with my head on top of a robot that said "come with me if you want to live" and underneath said "My mom/wife is a machine". Michael is so thoughtful and supportive. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Sister Theriot! You look great and must feel amazing for having accomplished what you did. I love how you put, "I failed" for being one minute over your goal time. I can just hear you saying that. But you ran a freaking half marathon!!! You're so funny.

    ReplyDelete