Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Katie

Rewind approximately seven years. See me entering the missionary training center in Brazil. Enter my first companion: Katie Houston (soon to be something else- ha ha. I can say that because I am sure her boyfriend does not read my blog). 

Katie is great. She teaches high school choir in Salt Lake. I think you have to be a little crazy to do that job. But she's crazy in a good way. :) She was down visiting a few AZ friends this summer. The day right after getting home from California I got to spend the whole day with her. Poor girl had to wallow around my disaster of a house. (We left two days later to go to Canada. It was a war zone of laundry around here.) 

Anyway.... It was great fun spending the day together and catching up. I love hearing about her child free life and dreaming about what that might be like. I've forgotten. We went to breakfast at Crackers. It was my first time eating breakfast there and I have to say I think their lunch offerings are more impressive. 




After breakfast we went to my house to hang out for a while. We played with the kids and watched lots of olympics. Sad those are over. The kids had fun getting extra attention and showing off.

Katie happened to be introduced to Bahama Bucks and she couldn't seem to get enough of it. So we took Raegan there. Raegan showed off her "cool trick" she learned from yo gabba gabba. Silly girl.
 Good times. Thanks for hanging out with us Katie and taking/sending me these pics. Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that post was so sweet! How fun. I miss you already and I am so sorry I didn't get to see you in Utah. Seriously, I had the most nightmarish weekend with this school yard sale right when you were here and I really wanted to see you and introduce you to Dave. We'll see each other again soon! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete