Thursday, September 1, 2011

Funny Girl

My friend Janae always posts the funniest conversations she has with her two year old. It inspired me to share some pretty cute/funny things that Raegan does. This is in the hopes that writing these things will make me appreciate her more when she is screaming NO about everything and throwing herself on the floor. (It was funny at first, but now it's just funny to other people.)

Whenever we leave the house, or even sometimes when she leaves the room, she says good bye to EVERYTHING! Yesterday as we walked out the door she said, while waving to the objects in question: "Bye couch. Bye Shoe. Bye Orange (which wasn't an orange, but an orange object she didn't know the name of). Bye Chair. Bye Room." She walks to the garage door, then walks back when she remembers something else to say goodbye to. I think she has picked this up from the book Goodnight Moon. Not sure, but it's pretty funny, even though it takes us forever to get out the door.

She also has boundless energy. We never go anywhere without someone commenting to me about her energy. She runs and runs and runs and dances and runs. (Her dancing is basically running while music is playing.)

She really likes Weston. She is very nice to him for the most part and only kicks him or throws things at him unintentionally, which does happen often due to the boundless energy mentioned above.


She is obsessed with Octopi(uses) She LOVES them. When we color she asks for an octopus in every color. Grandma bought her this octopus shirt because of her obsession and she loves it too. She also loves friends and says "Hi Friend" to everyone she comes across if she doesn't know their name.

Lastly, she is a phenominal ball kicker. I can't wait till she's old enough to play soccer. She can always kick the ball right where she wants it to go and she can totally dribble and steal the ball from other little kids. Cuts right in front of them. While normally I enforce (or try) the sharing thing, I can't help but be proud when she can steal the ball from an oponent (another toddler). So I am sure she will be a future soccer star. Too bad there's not much money in the sport. I would post a video of her kicking prowess, but I don't think I get them to post right.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Raegan sounds ferociously talented. I'm slightly jealous, but less of her mad ball skills and moreso that she doesn't intentionally hurt Weston, since Gideon sometimes purposely hits Enoch in addition to screaming, taking his time, and being an awesome dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Keep the funny Raegan posts coming please. And let's get together soon...k?

    ReplyDelete