Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nana

My grandma was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer this summer and so I thought it was important to go and spend some quality time with her. Luckily, my dad came here for a visit when Weston was blessed (photos to come soon, hopefully) and he was headed from here to San Diego, so it worked out perfectly for him to help me. I have two kids under two, so they both fly for free as "lap children", but I only had one lap (though arguably it's as bog as two laps). So my dad lent me his lap (and paid for my ticket, thanks dad!) so it worked out great. My grandma means a lot to me and I love her very much. This whole process has been hard on her, but it was great to see her. 

Look at that handsome boy! Nana loved holding him (when he wasn't being fussy!)

Sibling bonding. Don't I have the cutest kids in the world? This is Weston's "westwood" outfit, cause it's orange and blue.

Is there a resemblance? Hmmm. Those cheeks look pretty similar. And the sassy twinkle in the eyes.

Lucky kids with their Papa. Notice the cookie in Raegan's clutches? Papa insists that all his grandkids have a cookie in their hands at all times so that he is their favorite. He affectionately calls her "cookie girl". (Also notice Weston crying)

Raegan being very ladylike and eating her shoe.

Raegan with her cousins. (Bronson is actually my cousin, but since he's younger he seems like her cousin.) I wish I had gotten more pics of Raegan with her cousins because she loved every second with them. It was so fun.

All in all... traveling with two kids was exhausting. I don't recommend it. But it was worth it to spend time with my Nana. She is such an inspiration and was the pioneer for our family. She is full of determination and personality and has always been a huge part of my life. Love you Nana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment