Sunday, June 24, 2012

Par-TAY

Michael's school threw a "Founder's Ball" that they have every year for the graduates. It was super super fun. Like.... there aren't words. But I will try to write about it anyway. In the morning there was an awards brunch at the Hilton. Then we were off to the Phoenician that evening. We got all fancied up. We used valet. Michael bought a new suit (he has needed one for a long time) and I borrowed a dress from Tracy and she did my hair... oh and I should probably mention she also watched my kids overnight and it turns out Weston had an ear infection and woke up crying all night. She is the BEST sister in the whole world and I will owe her for a long time. 

At first there was a champagne reception. Waiters brought around champagne (or sparkling cider) and h'ordervs and we mingled. Then the ball room opened up and all the guests went in to their tables. The graduates went to take pictures. They came in the room later very formal-like and we stood and clapped for them. Then we had dinner. Delicious! An amazing salad and the entree was amazing too. The dessert bar wasn't all that great. After dinner there were a few presentations and toasts. The students put together a really funny video. Afterwards there was a live band and lots of dancing. This was the greatest part. Michael and I are terrible dancers. That is very safe to say. But I started dancing and all of Michaels friends were dancing, so then he started dancing and it was such a blast. Seriously one of the most fun nights of my life. I think it was the combination of everything.... graduation, a fancy place, adrenaline. I don't know. I just had a great great time. Michael did too, though not as much fun as I did I think. But I was so happy with him for dancing with me, even though he has never ever danced with me before with the exception of one uninteresting slow dance at our wedding. 

We stayed out past midnight (why does that seem so late now?) and slept in and went out to breakfast in the morning. Dream come true. The next night was graduation. Post to follow. 



This is our dancing shot. There is an action shot, but it is on the phone and I don't want to download it right now.

There were professional photographers there. This is the picture they took. Needless to say we did not purchase them. Why did I feel the need to stick my stomach out like a pregnant person? Why didn't the photographer fix Michael's jacket? Questions that may never have answers.

I like this picture. I think Michael is ridiculously handsome and this is his most natural smile that pictures don't usually capture. Notice I am wearing his jacket? Freezing!

No comments:

Post a Comment